Since Bitcoin first launched in 2009, the products that can be bought with it have continued to grow. In its early days, very few items could be bought using the crypto, and many of those were illicit items on dark websites like Silk Road. However, as Bitcoin’s popularity has skyrocketed over the years, more and more everyday items are able to be bought using Bitcoin. More and more, Bitcoin is beginning to look like a regular currency. In this blog post, Coin Cloud lists 10 different items that you didn’t know you could buy with Bitcoin.
Originally, Bitcoin’s volatility made it nearly impossible to purchase everyday items because of the massive fluctuations in price. For example, a slice of pizza on the day you bought it may have cost only $3, but a week later, that same slice of pizza would’ve actually cost you $10 because of an increase in Bitcoin’s price. For this reason, many users have shied away from purchasing products using their Bitcoin, and instead have held onto their coin as an investment asset.
However, it looks like that may be changing soon. Bitcoin’s recent stabilization in price after a year of extreme ups and downs has made using Bitcoin as an everyday currency more enticing. Not to mention, its increase in popularity has allowed Bitcoin holders to purchase even more items with their crypto.
1. Mavericks Tickets Although the franchise’s owner, Mark Cuban, has been one of the biggest Bitcoin skeptics over the years, he announced that the stadium will begin accepting both Bitcoin and Ethereum throughout the 2018–2019 season.
2. Brazilian Butt Lift A Manhattan-based plastic surgery practice by the name of bodySCULPT became the first practice in NYC to accept Bitcoin for its services.
3. A Burger King Whopper A Burger King in Arnhem, Netherlands began accepting Bitcoin in 2016. For every Whopper bought with Bitcoin, the restaurant gives away one free Whopper.
4. A Funeral Casket If you’re ever in St. Paul, Minnesota, and need to buy a casket with Bitcoin, you’re in luck. Crescent Tide Funeral & Cremation allows customers to buy their services using Bitcoin. Not to mention, those that do use Bitcoin will receive a 3% discount.
5. A Rolex The massive increase in Bitcoin’s price produced a lot of millionaires, so it was only a matter of time before the luxury market began accepting Bitcoin. The online luxury-watch retailer Javy Estrella has begun accepting Bitcoin in its marketplace.
6. A Mattress Online mattress retailer GhostBed allows its users to purchase a mattress using Bitcoin. The first Bitcoin-bought mattress was sold within 15 minutes after announcing that it would accept the cryptocurrency.
7. Almost Everything in Japan Japan has been of the most forward-thinking countries when it comes to Bitcoin. Almost everything in the country can be bought using the increasingly popular cryptocurrency.
8. A Hotel Room In 2014, the D Hotel in Las Vegas made history by becoming the first Las Vegas hotel to accept Bitcoin at its front desk, restaurants, and gift shops.
9. A Piece of Property On the website Bitcoin Real Estate, users can buy luxury pieces of property and real estate using their Bitcoin wealth.
10. A Taxi Don’t worry anymore about needing your debit card or cash on a night out to get home safely. In some countries, like Argentina and Hungary, dwellers are now able to hop into Bitcoin-friendly taxis to get around the city.
In order to buy any of the items listed above, you must first own Bitcoin. There are two different ways to buy your Bitcoin: online or at a Bitcoin ATM.
Online exchanges are great because you can buy and sell Bitcoin from the comfort of your own home. However, you’re going to have to share your personal information and deal with long transaction times. Sometimes these transaction times can take up to 2–5 days just to receive your coin.
Alternatively, you can head to your closest Coin Cloud Bitcoin ATM. By using a Coin Cloud ATM, users can buy and sell Bitcoin instantly using cash, all while only sharing minimal personal information. In addition, Coin Cloud’s live support team is available to help you throughout the entire process, making you feel comfortable knowing that your transaction will be handled properly.
Disclaimer: The information and views supplied on the Coin Cloud blog are for educational and entertainment purposes only. We are not financial advisors, so please do your research and consult with a trusted financial specialist before investing your money.
Founded in 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada, Coin Cloud is the leading digital currency machine (DCM) operator. With over 4,500 locations nationwide, in 48 states and Brazil, Coin Cloud operates the world’s largest and fastest-growing network of 100% two-way DCMs, a more advanced version of the Bitcoin ATM. Every Coin Cloud DCM empowers you to quickly and easily buy and sell over 40 cryptocurrency options with cash.
When You Buy $150 or More at Any Coin Cloud DCM
Use promo code COINCLOUD at the machine
Enter your email for updates, promos, and more ...